The Monongalia County Clerk provides the official recording of all documents for Monongalia County. Our responsibilities include:
Forms available online:
- All recorded documents are indexed and are available for public use. Property maps are available on computer. A computer is set aside in the Clerk's office for public use. All materials (paper, etc.) used is paid for by the user.
- Keeps records of County Commission transactions.
- Keeps minutes of all County Commission meetings.
- Clerk of Coordinating Advisory Council -- keeps minutes, records, and handles correspondence
- All Bonds
- Probates all Wills
- Appoints fiduciary commissioners for administering certain estates.
- Copies of documents are available at a nominal fee
For any questions regarding the document recording, contact the Monongalia County Clerk's office at