The Monongalia County Clerk provides the official recording of all documents for Monongalia County. Our responsibilities include:
- All recorded documents are indexed and are available for public use. Property maps are available on computer. A computer is set aside in the Clerk's office for public use. All materials (paper, etc.) used is paid for by the user.
- Keeps records of County Commission transactions.
- Keeps minutes of all County Commission meetings.
- Clerk of Coordinating Advisory Council -- keeps minutes, records, and handles correspondence
- All Bonds
- Probates all Wills
- Appoints fiduciary commissioners for administering certain estates.
- Copies of documents are available at a nominal fee
Effective July 4, 2017 – there will be a $10 increase in the recording fee for deeds, deeds of trusts and fixture filings or security agreements concerning real estate lease pursuant to the passage of Senate Bill 588 on April 4, 2017 by the West Virginia Legislature.
This legislation changed WV Code section §59-1-10 regarding fees to be charged by the County Clerk.
The $10 increase is to be distributed as follows:
$5 to the Assessor’s Valuation Fund
$3 to the state Court House Facilities Fund
$1 to the county general fund for the 911 center
$1 to the county general fund for the County Clerk’s Office
CLERK FEE SCHEDULE JUNE 2017
(highlighted from State Auditor's Office via email on 6.29.2017)
Forms available online:
- Disclosure Form for Report of Trustee Sale